The crisp autumn air, ageing pumpkins, and falling leaves are upon us and it is magnificent to witness the harvest and foliage transformation in the vineyard:
After a long season of pruning, mowing, spraying, chasing deer, flicking beetles, and general toiling; it is an admittedly peaceful feeling to see the vineyard begin to go to sleep for the winter, and the pictures above show the once vibrant greens have turned brown. It’s a solemn reminder that a new season is knocking at the door.
Like last year, we will be closing for a few months this winter to work on the 2018 wines and in February or so, begin the most labor intensive project- pruning. Here is the remaining schedule:
- Nov 15: Ornament Painting
- Nov 16-18: Normal hours
- Nov 23-24: CLOSED for Thanksgiving.
- November 25th (Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend): OPEN- “Small business Saturday”
- Nov 30-Dec 2: Open normal hours except for Saturday, the 2nd, we will close at 6:00pm.
- Dec 7-9: Open normal hours: THIS WILL BE OUR FINAL WEEKEND OPEN WITH NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS FOR 2017
As bittersweet as it is to close for a few months, it allows us the time necessary to get the wine and vineyard prepared for another season. We plan to open back up for the 2018 season in late March or early April.
So, please make plans to come see us again (or for the first time!) before we shut the cellar door for the year! Follow the blog and Facebook page to keep up-to-date during the off season.
See you at the winery.